In the "Catalog" / "Categories" section you can edit and create new catalog categories.
The page displays a list of all available categories in the application as a tree (hierarchical) structure. Lines with inactive categories are grayed out.
To search for active categories on the page you can filter by the status "Activity": "Yes" / "No".
To go to the products page of a certain category you should click on the number in the column "Catalog items count", which is a link to a page with list of all products on this category.
The following actions are available on the page:
- Create new catalog category
- editing category (see the section "Price lists")
Create catalog category
To create new catalog category, follow these steps:
- Click the "Create catalog category" button on the toolbar.
- On the page that opens, fill out the form for creating new category.
Comments on filling out the form:
- Parent category - select the category, in which this category will be located.
- Title - specify the name of the category to be created.
- Description - enter a description for the category.
- Checked Restricted is a sign of access restrictions for this category.
3. When the form is completed, click the "Submit" button and the category will be created and displayed on the "Categories" page, at the end of the table.
To edit the created category, click on the "pencil" icon in the "Actions" column, in the line of the category being edited.
The form of editing coincides with the form of creating catalog category.
Make the necessary changes and click "Submit" to save the changes.
An unused category can be archived. To do this, click on the "folder" icon in the "Actions" column, in the row of the archived category. Then confirm your actions in the window, that opens.